More information is available on the "Writing Opportunities" bulletin board outside the dean's office.
No entry fee is required. Applicants can submit an unlimited number of entries each month.
- Winning submissions will be published according to specified dates.
- Entries will be judged and the top two to four articles chosen will be published on the NLR website.
- Each winning article will be displayed accompanied by the student’s photo, biography, contact information, law school logo, and any copyright disclosure.
- All winning articles will remain in the NLR database for two years (subject to earlier removal upon request of the law school).
2017 KBA Annual Student Writing Competition
- Open to students currently enrolled at the University of Kentucky College of Law, the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, and the Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law
- Students may enter their previously unpublished articles
- Articles entered should be of interest to Kentucky practitioners and follow the suggested guidelines and requirements found in the “General Format” section of the Bench & Bar Editorial Guidelines
- Includes possible publication in the Bench & Bar.
- First, second, and third place awards will be given: 1st Place: $1,000; 2nd Place: $300; and 3rd Place: $200
For inquiries concerning the KBA Annual Student Writing Competition or to receive a copy of the Bench & Bar Editorial Guidelines, contact Shannon H. Roberts at email@example.com or call (502) 564-3795 ext. 224.
Submit entries with contact information to:
Shannon H. Roberts
Kentucky Bar Association
514 West Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40601-1812
Deadline: June 1, 2017