UK Law Showcases Scholarship at SEALS Annual Conference
August 3, 2016
By: Whitney Harder
University of Kentucky College of Law faculty and staff are sharing their expertise with legal educators across the country at the Southeastern Association of Law Schools (SEALS) Conference this week. The conference, held in Amelia Island, Florida, runs until Aug. 9.
The annual conference provides numerous panels and discussion groups on cutting-edge topics and a breadth of legal issues important to both scholarly work and teaching. The conference also offers newer faculty the opportunity to present a work in progress and to receive feedback from assigned mentors and audience participants.
The following UK Law faculty and staff members are participating:
- Professor Scott Bauries will present in a new law teachers workshop, a labor and employment law workshop and a workplace law discussion group.
- Dean David A. Brennen will participate in several dean panel discussions.
- Law Library Director James Donovan will speak in several legal education workshops.
- Academic Success Director Jane Grisé will speak in several legal education workshops.
- Associate Dean Nicole Huberfeld will participate in a discussion group on race and federalism, a legal education workshop and a health law workshop.
- Professor Cortney Lollar will participate in a discussion group on the advancement of remedies and a workshop on access to justice.
- Professor Kathy Moore will moderate a tax law workshop.