Women's Law Caucus
The Women’s Law Caucus at the University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law in Lexington, Kentucky, strives to address the variety of interests, concerns, and issues facing women in the legal profession today. Our goal is to facilitate the personal and professional development of our members, while fostering relationships among law students, faculty, and professionals within the legal community.
ABOUT WLC AT UK LAW
WLC is one of the largest and most active organizations at UK Law. Our members are given the opportunity to participate in many events and activities throughout the year. At our monthly meetings we provide lunch for our members, have one of our spectacular faculty members speak to the organization about their career and legal interests, and discuss upcoming WLC events and business. Some of our events throughout the year include:
- Happy Hour to welcome our newest members every fall
- Etiquette dinner with the Associate Dean of Career Development in order to prepare students for interviews and other meetings with attorneys over lunch or dinner
- Spring Luncheon, where students, faculty, and attorneys in the Kentucky legal community come together to honor a UK Law graduate and a UK Law professor who have both made outstanding contributions as women to the legal profession
- OCI and Summer Job Search Lunch, where 1Ls can have all of their questions about On-Campus Interviews and the search for their first summer position after 1L year answered by 2L and 3L members
- Service events throughout the year, where our members have the opportunity to give back to the community at large
- Many other events that bring practicing attorneys and judges to the law school in order to exemplify the many opportunities there are for women to enhance the legal profession
In addition to the many events throughout the year, UK WLC fosters a double-pronged mentorship program. If desired, we provide our 1L members with a WLC mentor; these 2L and 3L mentors are wonderful resources for our 1L members, as they are there to answer any questions the mentees may have about law school, the summer job search, or anything else that may come along. WLC also works with the Kentucky Bar Association to pair any interested 1L members with an attorney mentor in the local legal community.
All students at UK Law are welcomed and encouraged to join Women’s Law Caucus! If you have any questions at all about WLC, please feel free to send an email to the address below!
President: Shelby Pruitt
Vice President: Caroline Augenstein
Secretary: Kami Griffith
Treasurer: Mandie Lake
Education Chair: Hayley Abbott
Fundraising Chair: Sean Meloney & Miranda Roberts
Mentorship Chair: Kelsey Peake
Social/Service Chair: Annie Stewart
Spring Luncheon Co-Chairs: Maddie Loeffler & Abbey Aldridge
Faculty Advisor: Prof. Jennifer Bird-Pollan
Contact the UK Law WLC at firstname.lastname@example.org