Alumni Hall of Fame Criteria
The UK College of Law's Hall of Fame program honors alumni and former faculty annually. All nominations will be carefully considered by the Board of Directors of the Law Alumni Association. Please consider the following criteria when nominating an alumnus or alumna, or former faculty member.
- Candidates must have earned a law degree from the University of Kentucky not less than 10 years prior to consideration, or have taught at the UK College of Law for not less than 20 years prior to consideration. Candidates may not be active board members of the Law Alumni Association or a current Dean of the College of Law, and cannot at the time of nomination or selection be the holder of an elected political office.
- To be selected for the Hall, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must have reached and remained at the pinnacle of his or her field for a period of time sufficient to demonstrate perseverance and maturation and/or must have effected a profound positive influence on the College of Law in the years since his or her graduation.
- Professional success and significant contributions must be recognized by his or her peers as having reached and remained at the pinnacle of his or her field and/or having a profound positive influence on the College of Law.
- Professional success and significant contributions to a specialty are not achievement enough to warrant nomination to the Alumni Hall of Fame.
- The honor of distinguished alumnus is not given so much in recognition of an office or position held, but rather for the actual merit of the individual's work in his or her chosen field of endeavor and professional leadership. Candidates must have exhibited a high degree of character and integrity.
- Evidence for meeting the above criteria can come from detailed information about the candidate's credentials, achievements, the impact and implications of those accomplishments, public awards and honors, and outside sources such as published articles and previously aired video or audio tapes. Nominations shall be assembled by the President of the Alumni Association and the Dean and then submitted to the selection committee. The selection committee considers all information included with nominations in making its decisions.
All candidates, living and deceased, will be considered regardless of race, gender or religion. For more information, call 859-257-1161.
Nominations will be received at any time, although a nomination should be received by the date specified in the nomination form to be available for induction in that year. Once nominated, an individual will remain available for consideration by the selection committee in subsequent years.