UK Law’s KJEANRL Announces Third Annual Symposium
February 17, 2017
On Tuesday, February 28, the Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, & Natural Resources Law (KJEANRL), in conjunction with the University of Kentucky College of Law, will host its third annual symposium entitled, “Faces of the Bluegrass.”
Legal practitioners and regulators from across Kentucky will share their thoughts on current legal, policy, and regulation issues affecting the environment, natural resources, and energy. The symposium will take place in the UK Law Courtroom from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and is open to the public. Continental breakfast will be served at 8:30 a.m.
Presenters for the all-day event include:
- Sean Alteri, Director for the Division for Air Quality
- Noah Friend, General Counsel for Allison Ball, Treasurer
- Clay Larkin, Attorney at Dinsmore
- Dave Maples, Executive Vice President of the Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association
- Bryan Reynolds, Attorney at Sullivan Mountjoy Stainback & Miller, PSC (Owensboro, KY)
- Charles G. Snavely, Cabinet Secretary, Commonwealth of Kentucky, Energy and Environment Cabinet
The morning sessions will focus on the issues of coal and the impact of cattle in Kentucky, while the afternoon sessions will feature discussions on “Kentucky Oil and Gas Conservation Laws: Keeping Pace with Technological Advances in the Oil and Gas Industry” and “Clean Power Plan Update.” Students and activists are encouraged to participate by posing questions throughout the symposium.
To learn more about the event or to see a full agenda, visit www.law.uky.edu/kjeanrlsymp.
The KJEANRL is a multi-disciplinary journal of law, science, and policy published twice annually by the University of Kentucky College of Law and edited entirely by students of the College of Law.