Every year, the College of Law hosts a variety of events and programs for graduates and friends of the College. These include:
- 3L Bash: The UK College of Law holds the annual 3L Bash to honor current 3L students as they begin their last year of law school. It is a great opportunity for alumni and 3L students alike to meet and greet future colleagues.
- Champions Classic Alumni Reception: The alumni reception held in conjunction with the Champions Classic Basketball Tournament allows alumni from across the country to network and join together to cheer on the Cats. UK Law acquires a block of tickets to the game to sell to alumni to create a Law School cheering section. The reception is held each November. Click here for the Club Access Pass.
- Class Reunions: Class reunions are held each fall in conjunction with the University’s Homecoming weekend.
- Golf Tournament: As the state continues to cut university budgets, UK Law strives to find new revenue streams to provide students with the same great academic and practical experience opportunities expected from our institution. Hosting the golf tournament, started in 2011, allows us to accomplish this goal. The golf tournament has provided over $75,000 for these initiatives over the past seven years. The golf tournament is hosted in May each year.
- KBA Alumni Reception: The alumni reception held in conjunction with the Kentucky Bar Association Annual Conference is where the Hall of Fame is inducted and Alumni Award honorees and Dean’s Circle Firms are recognized. The KBA Alumni Reception is a great place to reconnect with classmates and friends. Members of the Law Alumni Association receive complimentary admission into the reception. Not a member? Join Now! The reception is held each June.
- Lafferty Society/Lawson Society Events: Periodically the College sponsors special events for Lafferty Society and Lawson Society members. These special events allow the Dean to discuss the aspirations and plans of the College with some of our leading graduates and friends and get their counsel. Lafferty Society and Lawson Society members will be specially invited to such events. Click here for more information.
- UK Law Update: The UK Law Update event provides the opportunity for our local law community to receive updates on the happenings at UK Law while also giving current students networking opportunities with employers. This event is open to all employers of law graduates. The UK Law Update event is typically hosted in February each year.
- Regional Alumni Receptions: The College of Law hosts numerous receptions throughout the state as well as in Nashville and Cincinnati. These events give the Dean the opportunity to update alumni on what is going on at the College of Law.
For more information about alumni events, please call 859-257-1161.