Graduation Quick Facts
May 4, 2018
4:00 – 5:00 pm
Congratulations on graduating! Below is some helpful information for your May 4th graduation!
- The graduation ceremony will be held at the Singletary Center on campus (at the corner of Rose and Avenue of Champions) on May 4th from 4:00 – 5:00 pm. No tickets are required for family or guests.
- Graduation rehearsal will begin promptly at 3:00 pm on May 4th at the Singletary Center prior to the graduation ceremony. Attendance at the rehearsal is mandatory. Make sure you arrive on time to hear important instructions and confirm the pronunciation of your name.
- Your cap and gown can be purchased through the University of Kentucky Bookstore.
- Parking information: The E lots will be off patrol that day. As long as visitors park in any regular marked space (between two white lines) in an E lot they’ll be fine. Visitors need to remember, when a lot is off patrol that means off patrol for permits, UK Parking will still patrol the lots, but only for violations such as disable, fire lane, yellow line, or any specially signed/marked area or space (example: Art Museum visitor only space). Vehicles must be in a space and not create a space. Parking Structure 5 (South Limestone garage) will be available as well but visitors will be responsible for hourly fees.
- If you need information about handicap parking and/or handicap accessible seating, please contact Alyssa Thornton.
- A professional photographer will take a picture of you receiving your diploma and a portrait of you with your diploma. After the ceremony, a class photo will be taken. You will be contacted directly by the photographer in the weeks following the ceremony with information on how to purchase pictures if you are interested.
- A graduation reception will be held on May 3rd at the Castle Post in Versailles from 5:30 – 7:00 pm. Each student will be allowed to bring three guests in addition to themselves.