18th Biennial Employment Law Institute
The Institute will be held at The Campbell House and simultaneously livestreamed via Zoom for those attending remotely. For more information (including a detailed agenda) and a printable registration form, download a PDF of the 18th Biennial Employment Law Institute brochure. If you have questions or wish to register by phone, please contact our office at 859-257-2921.
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN: If it is deemed unsafe to hold this Institute in person, please note that it will be offered as a live, interactive Zoom Webinar on the same dates and following the same agenda times. We will notify registrants of this change as soon as is practicable.
Tentative topics include:
- Biennial Case Law Update in Employment Law
- Legal Issues Arising from 2021 Workforce Challenges
- Class and Collective Action Update
- Drug Testing Policies in the Workplace
- Diversity/inclusion/Unconscious Bias/Discrimination-Claim Avoidance
- Update on Litigating ERISA Benefits
- Classification of Employees
- The Lawyer Employer: Ethical Supervision of Subordinates
- What Every Employment Lawyer Needs to Know About the Current State of Immigration Law
- Lessons Learned by Employment Lawyers from the Pandemic
- Discrimination Law Update
- Restrictive Covenants: Impermissible Barriers to Competition or Important Bulwark Against Misappropriation of Valuable Employer Interests
- C-Suite Employment Law
- Ethical Issues for the Employment Lawyer
Zoom Requirements for Remote Attendance:
- Stable, high-speed internet connection
- Desktop/laptop computer, tablet, phone, or other mobile device
- No Zoom account needed to attend!
More information on using Zoom: