50th Annual Midwest-Midsouth Estate Planning Institute
NOTE: IN-PESON ATTENDANCE IS SOLD OUT. Remote attendance option still available.
The seminar will be held at Embassy Suites by Hilton (Lexington/UK Coldstream) in Lexington, Kentucky, and simultaneously livestreamed via Zoom for those attending remotely. For more information (including a detailed agenda) and a printable registration form, download a PDF of the 50th Annual Midwest-Midsouth Estate Planning Institute. If you have questions or wish to register by phone, please contact our office at 859-257-2921.
Tentative topics include:
- Notable Developments in Estate Planning & Administration
- Kentucky Case Law & Legislative Update in Estate Planning & Administration
- Creditor Rights Issues tor the Estate
- Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts
- Kentucky Inheritance Tax Refresher & Practice Issues
- Electronic Assets in Estate Planning
- The SECURE ACT and Other Recent Developments in Estate Planning For Retirement Assets
- Cybersecurity and Secured Document Transmission
- The Past Year’s Most Significant, Curious, or Downright Fascinating Fiduciary Cases
- Business Succession Planning Issues for the Estate Planner
- No Contest Clauses: Striking Terror into the Hearts of Anyone Seeking to Undermine Testamentary Intent?
- If the Ethics Rules Were Simple, Why Is There a Hotline?
- The Generous Business: How Families Use Their Business As an Engine for Generosity
- Trust Administration & The Drafter’s Intent
- Foreseeable Planning for the Unforeseeable Future – Planning Provisions and Techniques to Assist with Special Needs Planning and Other Beneficiary Issues
Zoom Requirements for Remote Attendance:
- Stable, high-speed internet connection
- Desktop/laptop computer, tablet, phone, or other mobile device
- No Zoom account needed to attend!