UK College of Law Hosts Fourth Annual Developing Ideas Conference
On Wednesday, May 21, the University of Kentucky College of Law held its fourth annual Developing Ideas Conference. Untenured and recently tenured faculty from across the nation were able to gather and share their developing ideas for scholarship in an informal, supportive, and engaging environment – just before diving into summer research.
Nicole Huberfeld, H. Wendell Cherry Professor of Law and Chair of Faculty Development at UK College of Law, spearheaded the 2014 conference.
“This conference exposes people from across the country to how strong and collegial our faculty is, and leaves them with a great impression of UK,” says Huberfeld.
This year’s participants included:
- SpearIt (Texas Southern University)
- Kristen Barnes (University of Akron)
- Rabia Belt (University of Michigan)
- Matthew Bruckner (Cleveland State University)
- Zack Buck (Mercer University)
- Brian L. Frye (University of Kentucky)
- Jennifer M. Kinsley (Northern Kentucky University)
- David Kwok (University of Houston)
- Michelle M. Kwon (University of Tennessee)
- Cortney Lollar (University of Kentucky)
- Molly E. McBurney (University of Akron)
- Melinda Sommers Molina (Capital University)
- Sarah Morath (University of Akron)
- Cheryl Nelson Butler (Southern Methodist University)
- Efthimios Parasidis (Ohio State University)
- Emily Suski (Georgia State University)
- JoAnne Sweeney (University of Louisville)
- Kellen Zale (University of Houston)
UK College of Law faculty and discussants included Scott Bauries, Jennifer Bird-Pollan, Dean David A. Brennen, Stephen Clowney, Josh Douglas, Nicole Huberfeld, Diane Kraft, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs Doug Michael, Melynda Price, Richard Underwood, and Sarah Welling.
Mary J. Davis, Stites and Harbison Professor of Law at UK College of Law, started the conference with a regional focus for participation in 2011. Professor Huberfeld then expanded the conference in 2013 to include faculty throughout the nation.