25th Annual Workers' Compensation Institute
The seminar will be held at the Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa, in Lexington, Kentucky, and simultaneously livestreamed via Zoom for those attending remotely. For more information (including a detailed agenda) and a printable registration form, download a PDF of the 25th Annual Workers’ Compensation Institute. If you have questions or wish to register by phone, please contact our office at 859-257-2921.
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN: If it is deemed unsafe to hold this Conference in person, please note that it will be offered as a live, interactive Zoom Webinar on the same dates and following the same agenda times. We will notify registrants of this change as soon as is practicable.
Tentative topics include:
- A Review of Key Workers’ Compensation Case Law
- A Refresher on Subrogation in Workers’ Compensation Practice
- How to Prepare for and Conduct a Deposition to Aid Your Client’s Case
- Workers’ Compensation Board Opinion Update
- Administrative Law Update from the Kentucky Department of Workers’ Claims
- Client Communication Tips & Traps
- Catastrophic Claims
- Modern Technology for the Workers’ Compensation Practitioner
- Hot Tips in Legal Ethics for Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- Issues Arising with Awards and Settlement Agreements
- Hand Surgeries & Workers’ Compensation
- What do you mean we have to pay for that?: Workers’ Compensation Benefits “Related, but Not Work Related”
- Legal Ethics for the Workers’ Compensation Practitioner
- Tips in 60 Minutes for the Workers' Compensation Practitioner
Zoom Requirements for Remote Attendance:
- Stable, high-speed internet connection
- Desktop/laptop computer, tablet, phone, or other mobile device
- No Zoom account needed to attend!