Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

The UK J. David Rosenberg College of Law Tax Clinic is accepting reservations at this time. Please click here to make an appointment at the Rosenberg College of Law or other sites in Central Kentucky.

LOCATION: Room 228 in the Law Building (second floor).

PARKING: Metered parking is available in the Prall Street lot across from the Law Building.

HOURS: We will be open Feb. 21 – April 18 as follows:
                Tue – Fri 3 pm to 6 pm, Sat 12 noon – 3pm

We will be closed March 13-18

Appointment availability. New appointments will be added as more volunteers are trained and certified. Appointment slots will be updated every Monday at 9am. If you cannot find an appointment, be sure to check back after this update.

You may also want to consider the free filing options below. is sponsored by the United Way.  It uses a Tax Slayer program to prepare and file both federal and state taxes for free, if you qualify.  You are eligible for this service only if you are a US citizen or permanent resident, because the software provided does not prepare nonresident returns. Gross income limitation for this service is $73,000. 

Help for international students and scholars at UK is available through Sprintax which you will have access to through the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). You should use Sprintax to do your federal return, if possible, before coming to the College of Law site.  Sprintax will prepare your state return(s) for a fee. We will be glad to review the federal return, make any corrections, and help you with the state return(s) you need.

The Kentucky Revenue Department offers online free-file services which will complete certain federal and state returns for free. You can find all the options here. Select Online Taxes for help with nonresident returns.

The IRS also offers free-file services here, although eligibility is limited and many providers will charge extra for state returns. Read carefully before you sign up. Select Tax Slayer, Online Taxes, or Tax Act for help with nonresident returns.

Questions: For a list of frequently asked questions about VITA click here

If you have other questions about our clinic, email clinic director Douglas Michael at