Hall of Fame
Each year the UK Rosenberg College of Law Alumni Association seeks nominations for induction into their Hall of Fame and for alumni awards. An explanation of the nomination process and award process follows.
The College of Law Hall of Fame Award is the highest award presented by the UK Law Alumni Association. This distinction is awarded with great care to either alumni who have distinguished themselves by contributions that they have made in their own particular field of work, or in the betterment of humanity or to former faculty who have taught at the UK Rosenberg College of Law for at least 20 years.
The honor of Hall of Fame selection is not given so much in recognition of an office or position held, but rather for the actual merit of the individual’s work in his or her chosen field of endeavor and professional leadership. Candidates must have exhibited a high degree of character and integrity.
To be selected for the Hall of Fame, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must have reached and remained at the pinnacle of his or her field for a period of time sufficient to demonstrate perseverance and maturation and/or must have effected a profound positive influence on the College of Law in the years since his or her graduation.
- Professional success and significant contributions must be recognized by his or her peers as having reached and remained at the pinnacle of his or her field and/or having a profound positive influence on the College of Law in the years since his or her graduation.
- Professional success and significant contributions to a specialty are not achievement enough to warrant selection to the Alumni Hall of Fame.
Individuals wishing to nominate an alum for induction into the UK Rosenberg College of Law Hall of Fame can do so in one of three ways.
- Online using the nomination form link.
- Emailing to email@example.com
- Mailing to: University of Kentucky, Rosenberg College of Law, Law Alumni Association, 620 South Limestone Street, Lexington, KY 40506-0048
With all nominations, please write an individual letter of nomination not to exceed ten pages. One additional letter of support for the nominee, not to exceed five pages, may also be attached. Nominations will be accepted until Feb. 15, 2024. Inductees will be announced at the College's annual reception, which is held in conjunction with the Kentucky Bar Association's Annual Convention. For more information, call 859-257-6725. The University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law and the Law Alumni Association honored its 2023 Hall of Fame inductees and Alumni Award recipients at a reception in conjunction with the 2023 Kentucky Bar Association Convention.
Send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org.